(M-F, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM EST)
Corporate MemberAmerican Translators Association(Click logo to visit official website)
(FOR KOREA ONLY – CLICK HERE FOR APPLICABLE U.S. RATES)
RATES FOR KOREA – EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2015
Rate 1, 6
Per Add’l Hour 2
Full Day 3
Master - Business Level II
Top-level interpreter with graduate degree in interpretation and minimum 5 years of professional experience
Professional - Business Level I
Business interpreter with graduate degree in interpretation and minimum 2 years of professional experience
Current candidate for graduate degree in interpretation
Conference Interpreter 5
Professional - Conferences, Depositions
Top-level interpreter with graduate degree in interpretation and minimum 5 years of professional experience. Simultaneous interpretation equipment required.
Business/ Language Consulting
Advisory, research and intermediary services; rates vary depending on type of assignment
• These rates do not include travel, lodging or per diem expenses for multi-day assignments outside of Seoul.
• 1 Includes local travel (round trip) within Seoul.
• 2 Applicable to Proficient class interpreters only: additional hours billed at the additional hour rate up to 4 hours, and full-day rate applies after 4 hours. For Business Level I and Business Level II interpreters, full-day rate applies after 2 hours. For Conference interpreters, full-day rate applies to any assignment lasting longer than 1 hour.
• 3 Full day = 6 working hours (excluding lunch/meal break).
• 4 Overtime rate. Applicable after 6 working hours.
• 5 Including simultaneous interpretation. 2 interpreters are required for simultaneous interpretation lasting more than 30 minutes.
• 6 A 50% surcharge applies for proceedings that are audio- or video-recorded where the interpreter's voice and/or image becomes an integral part of the record (e.g., videotaped conferences, hearings, depositions).
• We do not provide interpreting equipment. Equipment such as interpreting booths and transmitters, if required, must be arranged separately by the client.
• Working hours include stand-by time and working lunches.
> See Korean Interpretation Services Terms and Conditions